MetroFreight Outreach Introduction
MetroFreight conducts a comprehensive outreach program to support our mission of developing solutions for urban freight problems that are collaborative and integrative with larger sustainability goals. Broad dissemination of research results is essential for promoting more effective management of urban freight and is an important educational mechanism that reaches beyond the classroom. Research results are disseminated via a variety of media aimed at the global research community, practitioners, and the general public.
- International Urban Freight Conference:The International Urban Freight Conference (I-NUF) provides a forum for sharing emerging, multi-disciplinary research on all aspects of freight in metropolitan areas. Held bi-annually, I-NUF is recognized as the premier conference for multi-disciplinary urban freight research. The most recent I-NUF was held October 21-23, 2015.
Presentations and Papers
- Special sessions at conferences: We present our MetroFreight research at major transport conferences such as the World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR), City Logistics, Transport Research Arena (TRA) and Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting.
VREF Conference on Urban Freight, March 5 – 6, 2015
Workshop on Development of Vision, Objectives and Policy Directions for National Logistics Innovation in Korea, March 18, 2015
- Scholarly dissemination of research results: In addition to the individual scholarly publications of MetroFreight researcher, we seek opportunities for special journal issues to raise the scholarly visibility of urban freight and contribute to raising its profile as a recognized field of study.
Preparing for the New Panama Canal, TR NEWS, January – February 2015 edition
- Multimedia communications: MetroFreight research and education activities are disseminated via newsletters, research publications, events, data sources, podcasts, webinars, and videos, and links to urban freight resources including course materials that are shared via our website and other social media channels.
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Talking Freight Webinar: “Improving Freight System Performance in Metropolitan Areas.”
CTS 2015 Research Conference Luncheon Session : The Panama Canal Expansion: Myths and Realities for the North American Economy, Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Cargo Cycles for Urban Freight Webinar: The European Experience, Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Cargo Cycles for Urban Delivery: North American Experience, Wednesday, Aug 19, 2015
- Newsletters: METRANS News includes articles and information on MetroFreight activities. IFSTTAR publishes its own MetroFreight newsletter, Newsletter METROFREIGHT.
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 1, November 2013 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 2, February 2014 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 3, June 2014 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 4, November 2014 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 5, April 2015 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 5, April 2015 (English version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 6, November 2015 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 6, November 2015 (English version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 7, June 2016 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 8, December 2016 (French version)
Newsletter METROFREIGHT, No. 8, December 2016 (English version)